Coach athletes in strength & conditioning
Throw some extra weight in your kit by learning how to develop athletes, with a UOW postgraduate Graduate Certificate in Strength and Conditioning in 2020. Combine your work commitments with online study.
Strength and conditioning is all about learning how to develop and adapt athletes’ strength, power, speed or endurance to best suit their chosen sport and/or team role.
This online Graduate Certificate is for professionals in the exercise science and fitness industries who are aiming to increase their specialist knowledge in strength and conditioning, and gain a postgraduate qualification.
Course designed by academic and industry experts
Real life, authentic learning experiences will help you learn:
- Scientific principles of strength & conditioning
- Strength & conditioning across athletic populations
- Needs analysis and athlete profiling
- Athlete testing
- Psychology of the strength & conditioning coach
- Metabolic conditioning
- How to make athletes strong and fast
Online delivery methods
This course is entirely online and includes podcasts, videos, virtual classroom discussions as well as written materials.
While studying 2 subjects at a time, you could complete approximately 12-24 hours of study per week.
Grad Cert in Strength and Conditioning Online Live Chat - November 20, 2019 6pm - Register here.
- Duration: 12 months part-time
- Start Date: 2 March 2020
- Course Fees: $13,536 (2020)
- Applications Close: 31 January 2020
- Entry Requirements: Level 3 or Level 4 qualifications in a related area, ie. Fitness, Coaching, Strength and Conditioning or Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science (or related field) from a recognised Tertiary Institution.
Career pathways include:
- Athletic performance coach
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Physical preparation consultant
- Fitness instructors / Personal trainers
Types of athletes that require strength and condiitioning:
- Professional athletes
- Semi-pro athletes
- Recreational athletes
- Youth athletes
- Tactical athletes