About Medical and Health Leadership at UOW
The online Graduate Certificate in Medical and Health Leadership is for health professionals with a clinical or professional background who are looking to develop their leadership and management skills in order to obtain management or senior leadership positions in health.
Designed by industry and academic experts, this course will help broaden your employment opportunities.
Why study medical and health leadership at UOW?
- Learn from experienced practitioners/clinicians and world-leading researchers
- Learn the necessary knowledge and skills to lead and manage teams of health professionals
- Apply your specific healthcare knowledge to authentic experiences, which have real-world relevant and application
- Earn more: Postgraduates earn on average $20,000 more than those with only an undergraduate degree (QILT Graduates Outcome Survey 2017).
UOW has government subsidised places available for domestic students studying this course in 2019, subject to quota availability. See Commonwealth Supported Places for more information.
- Duration: 12 months part-time
- Autumn Start Date: 4 March 2019 (Spring Start Date: 29 July 2019)
- Course Fees: $13,248 (2019)
- Autumn Applications Close: 31 January 2019 (Spring Applications Close: 30 June 2019)
- Entry Requirements: Completion of a relevant Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years working within the health sector.
- Live Chat: 12 December - click below to register.
Career pathways include:
- Nurse Unit Manager
- Senior Policy Officer
- Program Manager
- Medical Administrator
- Practice Manager
- Care Manager
- Facility Manager
- Quality and Clinical Governance Manager
- Healthcare Operations Manager
- Community Health Manager
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP): Commonwealth Supported Places are available for domestic students enrolling in the Graduate Certificate in Medical and Health Leadership (Online) in 2019, subject to quota availability.
Save 15% in 2019: For any domestic student enrolling in the Graduate Certificate in Medical and Health Leadership (Online) in 2019, an automatic 15% fee waiver will be applied to the cost of the degree. This automatic discount will not be applied in conjunction with a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
"This course is designed for those with both clinical and administrative backgrounds looking to advance their career by acquiring the critical skills and knowledge needed for senior roles within the health sector."