- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business | Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Communication & Media | Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication & Media | Bachelor of Economics & Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Law)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce Global (Honours) - Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce Global (Honours) - Finance
- Bachelor of Commerce - TAFE Adv Diploma of Events
- Bachelor of Commerce - TAFE Adv Diploma of Hospitality
- Bachelor of Commerce - TAFE Adv Diploma of Travel & Tourism
- Bachelor of Economics & Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Financial Services)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing & Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing)
- Master of Business (Double Specialisation)
- Master of Business (Financial Management)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (Innovation & Entrepreneurship)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Executive)
- Master of Business Administration Advanced
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting Advanced
- Master of Science - Supply Chain Management & Project Management
- Master of Science - Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science - Project Management
- Master of Philosophy (Business)
- Master of Research
- Doctor of Business Administration - DBA
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy Integrated
Why study at UOW
With a business degree, your options are endless. Learn sought-after skills that can be applied to your chosen industry anywhere in the world.
Your classes won't just teach business theory; they show you how to apply it in the workplace. Our degrees let you explore many aspects of business, such as Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, International Business and Public Relations.
You will have the chance to join the Business Internship program, which lets you connect with industry leaders such as the Commonwealth Bank, Cancer Council, World Vision Australia and Gazal.
One of the best in NSW/ACT
- The Federal Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) ranked UOW in 2018 as the best university in New South Wales and the ACT for undergraduate Business and Management.
- UOW is rated in the top 200 universities in the world for Business and Management Studies, and Accounting and Finance in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
Find your why
Joseph is studying a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Marketing and Public Relations at the University of Wollongong. He is inspired by the ever-changing world of marketing and wants to use business to make his mark on the fashion industry.
Why study Business
- Throughout their degree, business students have the opportunity to gain practical, real-world experience and make professional connections that will help launch their career, including the opportunity to participate in our Business Internship program.
- Graduates earn up to 50 per cent more than a typical Year 12 graduate in the same role*.
- Our degrees give you the benefit of exploring a range of core business subjects in your first year, with the option of tailoring your degree to suit your interests in the 2nd and 3rd years.
- You’ll be more than a number, and be taught by accomplished, passionate educators and support staff who are dedicated to providing you with the support you need to finish your degree.
- Our Business degrees are recognised by professional associations in Australia as well as overseas. See course descriptions for more detail.
* Braithwaite, B., West, G., Harvie, C., Hartgerink, N. (2013), Leading Locally, Competing Globally: Measuring the University of Wollongong’s Contribution to Economic and Social Prosperity, Centre for Small Business and Regional Research, Faculty of Business, University of Wollongong, Wollongong. ISBN: 978-1-74128-231-3 (book) ISBN: 978-1-74128-232-0 (ebook).
Overview of careers
The flexibility of a UOW Business degree has graduates finding rewarding careers in a wide range of industries. Below is just a sample of the careers you can pursue.
- Financial controller
- Policy advisor
- Business adviser
- WHS officer
- HR manager consultant
- Stock broker
- Insurance broker
- Fund manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Market researcher
- Advertising executive
- Brand/product manager
- Event manager
UOW is in the top 1% for graduates as rated by global employers: UOW is consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world for the quality of our graduates, ranking in the 151-200 band in the 2018 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
When going for graduate roles, recruiters are interested in how well you can balance extra-curricular activities and employment while you study. The best decision I made while studying, was applying for a vacation program to gain exposure to the industry. This allowed me to practice some of the many skills I developed while at university.
Bachelor of Commerce (Dean’s Scholar) (Accounting, Finance)
Graduate Accountant, NSW Treasury
Marketing is a field that is so broad and ever-changing. That's what inspires me - the fact that it's always growing and with that I can grow also. The big dream for me is to establish a successful clothing label. I want to use business to make my mark on the fashion industry.
Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing and Public Relations)
I never thought I would have Google Sales Engineer in my title. The Bachelor of Commerce prepares you for this. You are taught to be agile, to think quickly, to work in teams and to be an innovative thinker. If anything, I believe it’s important to take these qualities of authenticity into your working career.
Bachelor of Commerce (Dean’s Scholar) (Marketing, Public Relations)
Apps Sales Engineer, Google for Work
At Designa Accessories I engage with people from a range of professions, which has taught me the importance of communication as well as adaptability. I have no doubt that the skills I have learned will help me get a job that I love in the future.
Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy)
Intern at Designa Accessories