- Bachelor of Education - The Early Years
- Bachelor of Education - The Early Years (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Education - The Early Years (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Health and Physical Education (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science Education
- Bachelor of Science Education (Dean's Scholar)
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Doctor of Philosophy Integrated
- Graduate Certificate in Autism - Online Course
- Graduate Certificate in Health & Physical Education
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching & Learning Practices
- Graduate Diploma in Adult & Vocational Education
- Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- Master of Education (Adult & Vocational Education)
- Master of Education (Educational Leadership)
- Master of Education (Higher Education)
- Master of Education (Information & Communication Technology)
- Master of Education (Interdisciplinary Studies in Education)
- Master of Education (Literacy)
- Master of Education (Special Education)
- Master of Education (TESOL)
- Master of Education Advanced (Educational Leadership)
- Master of Education Advanced (TESOL)
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Why study at UOW
Authentic learning experiences will prepare you for a career in primary or secondary classrooms, early childhood settings and beyond.
Education is a rewarding career that can truly change lives. Few other jobs let you have such a profound impact on the lives of so many young children. As an educator you’ll play an important role in the social, cognitive and emotional development of your students — and become a respected member of your community.
The best in Australia
The federal government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) ranked UOW in 2017 as the best university in Australia for Teacher education.
UOW also ranked in the top 150 universities in the world for Education in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016.
Find your why
Sophie is studying a Bachelor of Primary Education. She has always been focused on becoming a primary school teacher, working in a typical school, inspiring kids and making changes in people’s lives.
Why study Education
- We’re considered a ‘university of choice’ with partnership agreements signed with over 300 schools around the region - including the Illawarra, Sutherland Shire, Campbelltown and Southern Highlands.
- We have excellent mentoring and engagement programs with our professional practice partner schools - this includes 2 Demonstration Schools, where some of our lectures are delivered.
- Learn by doing with more than 80 days of professional practice. Not only do we secure and organise these high quality professional experience placements for you - we are one of few unis to also provide support throughout your professional experience. Opportunities include local, rural and international placements where you will apply your skills in real-world classrooms and settings.
- You will also learn highly practical and professional skills that employers value and can be applied to any profession, not just teaching.
- Our academics — your teachers — are at the forefront of their specialisations. They are passionate about teaching and learning, published authors, expert researchers and accredited professionals.
- As an Early Years student, you will have an opportunity to learn in our new $44 million Early Start facility — the most sophisticated teaching, research and community engagement initiative undertaken in Australia.
- Our degrees are accredited - see individual course descriptions for specific details.
Overview of careers
A UOW education degree can lead to a wide variety of careers both inside and outside the classroom.
- School teacher – catholic, independent or government
- Child care worker
- Educational consultant
- Educational manager
- High school teacher
- Outdoor education teacher
- PDHPE teacher
- Preschool teacher
- Primary teacher
- Private college teacher
- Recreational activities coordinator
- School counsellor
- School principal
- Sport development officer
- TAFE teacher
- Training and development officer
UOW is in the top 1% for graduates as rated by global employers: For the ninth year in a row UOW was ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers survey (QS World University Rankings 2015/2016).
I am passionate about early childhood education as quality teaching within the first five years provides the best possible foundation for a child’s future life and learning. It’s a time of awe and wonder where we can support children’s imagination and development through a play based curriculum.
Bachelor of Education: The Early Years (Honours)
My practicum in Thailand was a culture-rich experience. I learnt more about a different culture in those two weeks than I have in my entire life. Although there was a language barrier, I could connect with these students in different ways, like through a lunchtime basketball game. Their smiles and laughter spoke more than a thousand words.
Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
As a teacher we have the opportunity to educate students of the future and create young people who are informed and independent, that are also able to contribute to the wider community.
Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
A company set up by UOW education alumni is finding work for the next generation of teachers in the United Kingdom. “The why of Vibe is to inspire a better education. We look for experience in our candidates but the key is their character and having the right attitude. As teachers placing teachers, we strive to keep our finger on the pulse of education.”
Vibe Teacher Recruitment
The professional experience was arguably the most important part of my degree. Having four different professional experience placements across four years meant there was a consistent and conscious effort to improve my teaching and prepare me for the ‘real world’. The support I received was amazing and ensured I was always learning and developing.
Bachelor of Physical and Health Education, 2013
PDHPE Teacher/Boys’ Advisor, Deniliquin High School