- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business | Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Law)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Dean's Scholar)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Supply Chain Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce - TAFE Adv Diploma of Events
- Bachelor of Commerce - TAFE Adv Diploma of Hospitality
- Bachelor of Commerce - TAFE Adv Diploma of Travel & Tourism
- Bachelor of Economics and Finance
- Master of Applied Finance (Corporate Treasury)
- Master of Applied Finance (Double Specialisation)
- Master of Applied Finance (Financial Services)
- Master of Applied Finance (Investing)
- Master of Business (Double Specialisation)
- Master of Business (Financial Management)
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (International Business)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business Administration - MBA
- Master of Business Administration (Executive) - MBA
- Master of Business Administration Advanced
- Master of Business Coaching
- Master of Philosophy (Business)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting Advanced
- Master of Science - Project Management
- Master of Science - Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science - Supply Chain Management & Project Management
- Doctor of Business Administration - DBA
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Online Delivery)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Coaching
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
- Graduate Diploma in Business Coaching
Why study at UOW
With a business degree, your options are endless. Learn sought-after skills that can be applied to your chosen industry anywhere in the world.
Your classes won't just teach business theory; they show you how to apply it in the workplace. Our degrees let you explore many aspects of business, such as Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, International Business and Public Relations.
You will have the chance to join the Business Internship program, which lets you connect with industry leaders such as the Commonwealth Bank, Cancer Council, World Vision Australia and Gazal.
One of the best in NSW/ACT
The Federal Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) ranked UOW in 2016 as second among all universities in New South Wales and the ACT for Business and Management.
Find your why
Studying a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Marketing and Finance, Trevin wants to use commerce to break people out of the cycle of poverty and create something that would have a meaningful impact on someone’s life.
Why study Business
- Throughout their degree, business students have the opportunity to gain practical, real-world experience and make professional connections that will help launch their career, including the opportunity to participate in our Business Internship program.
- Graduates earn up to 50 per cent more than a typical Year 12 graduate in the same role*.
- Our degrees give you the benefit of exploring a range of core business subjects in your first year, with the option of tailoring your degree to suit your interests in the 2nd and 3rd years.
- You’ll be more than a number, and be taught by accomplished, passionate educators and support staff who are dedicated to providing you with the support you need to finish your degree.
- Our Business degrees are recognised by professional associations in Australia as well as overseas. See course descriptions for more detail.
* Braithwaite, B., West, G., Harvie, C., Hartgerink, N. (2013), Leading Locally, Competing Globally: Measuring the University of Wollongong’s Contribution to Economic and Social Prosperity, Centre for Small Business and Regional Research, Faculty of Business, University of Wollongong, Wollongong. ISBN: 978-1-74128-231-3 (book) ISBN: 978-1-74128-232-0 (ebook).
Overview of careers
The flexibility of a UOW Business degree has graduates finding rewarding careers in a wide range of industries. Below is just a sample of the careers you can pursue.
- Financial controller
- Policy advisor
- Business adviser
- OHS officer
- HR manager consultant
- Stock broker
- Insurance broker
- Fund manager
- Public relations coordinator
- Market researcher
- Advertising executive
- Brand/product manager
- Event manager
UOW is in the top 1% for graduates as rated by global employers: For the ninth year in a row UOW was ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers survey (QS World University Rankings 2015/2016).
My job involves seeing the first episodes of new shows, testing them and getting feedback from audiences. I also help the marketing team with strategies. I had been accepted into two Sydney universities but I knew UOW would provide me with more personal attention.
Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
Senior Vice-President of Consumer and Market Intelligence at NBC Entertainment
I never thought I would have Google Sales Engineer in my title. The Bachelor of Commerce prepares you for this. You are taught to be agile, to think quickly, to work in teams and to be an innovative thinker. If anything, I believe it’s important to take these qualities of authenticity into your working career.
Bachelor of Commerce (Dean’s Scholar) (Marketing, Public Relations)
Apps Sales Engineer, Google for Work
At Designa Accessories I engage with people from a range of professions, which has taught me the importance of communication as well as adaptability. I have no doubt that the skills I have learned will help me get a job that I love in the future.
Bachelor of Commerce (Accountancy)
Intern at Designa Accessories